Your Privacy Matters.
Protecting Your Privacy
GO SMART Property Managers Inc. understands the importance of privacy to the individual. The privacy and security of our client’s personal information is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding that personal information.
To ensure this accountability, we have instituted a policy to protect this information, which is communicated to all GO SMART Property Managers’ staff members.
Property Management Services
If you contract with us for the purpose of provision of property management services, you will need to provide us with information about yourself or your business entity such as your legal name, address, financial information and records relating to the property we will be managing for you. In most cases, we will also need to obtain specific information about the residents of the property such as the names, addresses, telephone number, banking information and emergency contact information.
GO SMART Property Managers Inc.’s use of personal information is used in the day-to-day management of your property in accordance with our Management Agreement. We collect personal information in the normal course of providing our services to our clients. In order to:
• Identify you when you contact us
• To provide services to you
• To administer your accounts
• To provide you with communication and information
• To help improve the delivery of our services
• To help manage and develop the provision of services, products and operations
• To provide information and offers which may be of interest to the Condominium Corporation in services and products
• To manage compliance with applicable bylaws
• To meet legal and regulatory requirements
• To aid in emergency situations
• To mitigate potentially damaging or costly situations to the Condominium
In addition to the uses listed above, we may request and use personal information from the Condominium Corporation in connection with your receipt, use of, or participation in special events, surveys, forums, requests for suggestions, and/or additional information.
If a Condominium Corporation and owners do not wish to obtain materials or to be informed about new services and timely developments you have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications by emailing us at email@example.com or via fax at 403-255-9338 or in writing to GO SMART Property Managers Inc., Suite 230, 1010 8 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 1J2.
Disclosure of Personal Information
GO SMART Property Managers Inc. does not disclose any non-public personal information about condominium corporations, residents or former residents to anyone, except as expressly or implicitly authorized by those residents to enable us to effectuate our relationship with them, or as permitted by law or this policy.
Under certain circumstances, the Corporation will disclose your personal information:
• When required or authorized by law
• When you have consented to the disclosure
• When the services we are providing requires us to give your information to third parties, your consent will be implied, unless you advise us otherwise
• When it is necessary to establish or collect fees or enforce bylaws or policies
• When we or the Condominium engages a third party to provide services
• When the information is public knowledge or accessible to the public
Please note that we may transfer or disclose your information, including personal information, in connection with any acquisition, merger, reorganization or any other change.
Sharing Your Personal Information
GO SMART Property Managers Inc. may use your personal information to identify other services and products available that may be appropriate for your needs. GO SMART Property Managers Inc. does not, however, sell your personal information to third parties and does not disclose your personal information except as may be required to process your request for property management and or tenancy services.
It is important that the information collected be accurate and up to date. This information is used to provide services to condominium corporations and owners. If during our relationship, any of your information changes, please inform us, so that we can keep the information current.
Security of Personal Information
GO SMART Property Managers Inc. retains records relating to the provision of services and products to the Condominium Corporation and residents in order to manage the affairs of the Condominium and to comply with our relationships with residents or requirements of the bylaws of the Condominium Corporation. In order to guard your non-public personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. GO SMART Property Managers Inc. takes reasonable precautions to protect that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
If GO SMART Property Managers Inc. holds personal information that is incorrect or not up to date, the Corporation will take reasonable steps to correct it. Information updates must be requested in writing by the unit owner or any person(s) authorized to do so under a power of attorney.
Personal Information Access
An owner may ask for access to the personal information we may have about them. Summary information is available upon written request. More detailed requests, which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to administrative fees and disbursement costs.
An owner’s right to access their personal information is not absolute. GO SMART Property Managers Inc. may and in some cases must deny access when:
• Denial of access is required or authorized by law
• Information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings against the resident or an investigation involving a resident
• When granting access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy
• When to do so would prejudice negotiations with a resident
• To protect the Corporation and our residents’ rights and property
• Where the request is frivolous or vexatious
GO SMART Property Managers Inc. offers employment opportunities through an application from our website, in person or by fax. If you would like to apply for a job at GO SMART Property Managers Inc., you will be asked to submit a résumé, which should include personal information. This information is used to contact you and to review and consider your application. If employed by GO SMART Property Managers Inc., you will be asked to provide additional personal information. In some cases, in order to comply with income tax legislation, such information may be disclosed to the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.